Waste and bin collections for Central Bedfordshire
Bins are collected on an alternate weekly basis.
One week we will collect your black lidded rubbish bin, and the following week your recycling and garden waste will be collected.
If you receive a food waste collection, this is collected on a weekly basis.
Putting out rubbish for collection
On collection day:
- leave bins / garden waste sacks at the boundary of your property by 7am
- check bins / garden waste sacks don’t obstruct the pavement
- don't overload bins - garden waste bags have a weight limit of 10kg (see map below); wheelie bins have a weight limit of 85kg (see map below) - bins which are considered too heavy for safe handling and emptying will not be emptied (even if they weigh less than 85kg)
- take your containers back onto your property once they've been collected
If you put your rubbish out and we don't collect it, you can report a missed bin collection. We explain how to do this and possible reasons for why collection wasn't made e.g. wrong bin out on the wrong day.
Help putting waste out
We will help residents who are unable to move their waste and recycling containers to the normal collection point (highway boundary) themselves and do not have anyone living at the address who is available to assist. Find out about assisted bin collection.
Bins and sacks we use
We provide different bins depending on where you live. These are shown in this image.
Bin collection day
To find out when your waste bins and recycling is collected:
- select the relevant link from the alphabetical road names list below according to the first letter of your road name
- next to your road name you will find your waste collection day
- to find out what week is either the waste or recycling collection please click on the collection week and the appropriate calendar will show
- if you would like to print the calendar please make sure to select 'print current page' in your print options otherwise the whole document will be printed.